The Coolest Cooler is an incredible example of how to use crowd sourcing to raise serious financing for your idea or concept.
I think there are a few important principles of what they have done here that are worth noting:
- Give it a name that is impossible to forget (ideally with alliteration)
- Create an awesome prototype
- Professional photos and videos
- Make sure it is unique and extraordinary
- Get influencers to promote your contest
- Make it fun
They also created a very active Facebook group and this was one of the primary ways they made this campaign go viral. It is interesting to read hundreds of comments such as ‘I want one”.
Watch the video here:
When I read the campaign the feeling it invokes is the desire to take this to the beach. There is also some language that call you to be the first one to own one of these precious coolers.
See the entire campaign here:
You can see their Facebook page here:
Happy fun-raising and crowd sourcing,